Saturday, February 22, 2014

The Sunshine Award!

I have gotten a very unexpected, yet very pleasant surprise this week! I have been nominated for The Sunshine Award! The Sunshine Award is a way for bloggers to get to know a bit about each other (and, as a bonus, get some free PR ;) I was nominated by the lovely Paige of Sunday Best and All the Rest

To accept the Sunshine Award, one must:
  1. Acknowledge the nominating blogger with a link to the website.
  2. Share 11 random facts about myself by answering the questions the nominating blogger has created for me.
  3. List a few bloggers I believe deserve some recognition and a little blogging love! (I can’t nominate the blogger who nominated me.)
  4. Let the bloggers know I nominated them.
  5. Post 11 questions for the bloggers I nominate to answer.

First, here are my answers to the questions Paige posed to myself and her other nominated bloggers.


1. What is your favorite thing to bake?
I love baking fish and sweet potatoes! Butter, salt and a little olive oil and lemon juice on Tilapia alongside a cinnamon-y sweet yam. Yum!

2. What is one of your favorite colors?
Purple!!! All hues are my favorite and my best!

3. Do you own any pets?
We have a Guinea Pig named "Money" (we drew names out of a hat and our 6 year-old wrote the only word he could spell besides his own name). But I'm a Dog-lover!!! I fully intend to have my own Bullmastiff in the near future!

4. What is your favorite way to spend the weekend?
Sewing mostly. That or shopping for fabric :P

5. What is your favorite scripture to turn to when you need encouragement?
Psalm 8

6. Do you wear jewelry the majority or minority of the time?
Majority, I guess. I love jewelry but I don't wear it excessively around the house (which is where I usually am). My personal style has something of a gypsy/boho feel to it; large earrings, bangles, anklets, toe-rings, etc. (not all at once) I feel that no outfit is complete without earrings!

7. What is your favorite style of casual shoe (whatever casual means to you ;))?
First of all, I LOVE shoes!!! I collect them. Secondly, my favorite style of casual shoe is cowboy boots. I am a cowgirl at heart (as I don't get out to ride much at all) and I love boots...as long as they're not pointy-toed. That doesn't count.

8. Dress Shoe?
I love a good solid wedge. Less likely for me to break than a heel :)
Peep-toe wedge-sandals, I absolutely adore!

9. What is your favorite thing about Winter?
NOT going outside.

10. What is your favorite season?
Autumn or Fall or whatever you prefer to call it. I spend the most time outside in that season. I love the weather :)

11. Why did you decide to start blogging?
Five years ago...I actually don't remember very well. It must have been a selfish reason because I left it off pretty quickly. Cherishing my Role was just sitting here on the WWW gathering cobwebs. But I remember that a little over a year ago, I decided that I could offer girls the same encouragement that I was getting from reading other similar blogs and I've been fairly consistent (minus last Summer) in posting since then.

This is so much fun! Here are my nominees...

Ashley and Gabrielle of Bramblewood Fashion
Kellie of Accordion to Kellie 
Jessica, Brigid and Charlotte of The Boyer Family Singers
Michaela of Rhapsody in Pink
Anna of Storia
Patrizia of Paper Mache
Stacey of The Country Corner
Tara Janelle of A Lass of Yesteryear
Desarae at Gladness of Heart



Here are my questions for you, ladies!
1. How long have you been blogging?
2. Tea or Coffee?
3. What are your favorite historical eras?
4. What fandoms do you associate yourself with (e.g.; Marvel, Doctor Who, LotR, Benedict Cumberbatch, Jane Austen, etc.)?
5. Do you play any instruments?
6. What is your favorite book of the Bible and why?
7. On a scale of 1-10, how do you feel about tweed?
(1 being "Disgusting", 10 being "Wish I lived in Yorkshire")
8. Do you enjoy traveling?
9. What is your most treasured childhood memory?
10. What is your personal style and how does it reflect your personality?
11. What is your all-time favorite item of clothing or outfit to wear?

If you have been nominated (I can't wait to see your answers!), you can comment below with the link to your post. Don't forget to link back to me as your nominator! Also, if it's a multiple-contributor blog that I mentioned, each of the contributors may answer the questions separately!

Blessings,
McKenna

1 comment:

Paige said...

I'm so glad that you enjoying doing this McKenna! ^_^ I enjoyed reading your answers. Your favorite thing to make sounds yummy and your Guinea Pig's name story is so funny!