Monday, March 4, 2013

Late 18th Century + Early 19th Century Gowns

So, I've officially started taking photos of all the things I made last year. Thanks for your patience! First, Mirial's Georgian formal gown and Mandee's Regency gown. They match! Hope you enjoy :)

I told Mandee, "Just look up at the tree..."


Grins :D

Detail on the ruffle sleeve and gathers at the waistline.

Please don't kill me, fellow seamstresses...I put a zipper in!

Detail on the skirts.

Mirial was gathering her "nuts".

Mandee wanted to pick "nuts", too!






More grins! Always grins!!!    
 I hope you liked the pics. It was so much fun taking them! Chilly, but so much fun! If you have any questions, email me at missmckennaray@gmail.com. I'd love to hear from you and become friends!

5 comments:

Patrizia said...

WOW! The girls are precious, the dresses beautiful! I love this!

McKenna said...

Mrs. Ferrar, your girls would love my girls! I can't wait to see y'all again!

Faces by M Kay said...

So talented have you though of selling on ETSY? OR DO YOU? You have such a great gift of sewing I can see you making things for colleges and high school plays.

Patrizia said...

I know... they will have to meet, maybe we can have a tea party here sometime?

McKenna said...

Mrs. Ferrar, a tea party sounds fantastic!!! We should definitely do it soon! Faces by M Kay, I don't sell on Etsy. I've thought about it for sure, but I simply don't have the time to do something like that well :) Thank you for the compliments, a lot of people see me doing things for plays, etc. In fact, I'm costume designing now for a church production now but beyond that, I don't see myself doing something like that. I'm far too independent ;) Making things for my family is the most rewarding investment I can think of! And offering inspiration and advice to others. That's my sewing life!