Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Inspired By Film Fashion Event//Day 4 (Day 1 for me...)

I just found out today about a blog event going on. And, I'm a little late joining in, but here is my "Entry" for today. The theme is 1960s and I had this dress sitting in the basement with the Summer clothes, ready to wear and perfect for the occasion! This dress, I made from a "Vintage Vogue" pattern especially for my birthday last year on which day, I attended a garden-party-style wedding. In the first pictures, I wore it casually, with a thick brown belt, denim blazer, pearls and open-toe wedges paired with an Italian-leather purse.

In sitting down, I bumped my elbow on the arm of the rocking chair :P

These are my favorite shoes!



I was giving "the look" to my brother who graciously acted as photographer :)


"Ouch!" That was right after I bumped my elbow!


 A close-up of the purse, belt and blazer.



Here, I replaced the belt with the original cummerbund that I made for the wedding, took off the blazer and added long gloves and a yellow clutch.
The back of my cummerbund with a knot.



Here is the VINTAGE crinoline, I wore underneath the skirt. A birthday present from my dear Aunt!

So, there you have it. My 1960s-inspired ensembles for the "Inspired by Film" fashion event hosted by www.bramblewoodfashion.com . Click the icon on the right side of the screen to go straight to the event. It started last Sunday and ends this Saturday (I missed a few days because I wasn't aware...) I hope you'll join me for a late entry. Maybe I shall host an event like that soon. What do you think?
Feel free to pin any of these pictures, but be sure to provide a link back to my blog in the description. Thanks!

8 comments:

Michaela said...

Because your cute. <3

Stacey Bradshaw said...

Very lovely! :-)

Patrizia said...

Did you say, "Italian leather purse"??????? Such class!

hehe... you look lovely :)

McKenna said...

Aw, thanks, ladies! Just so you know, I'm blushing :) Yes, Mrs. Ferrar, the purse is actually from Italy. My aunt was studying to be an Archaeologist and lived in Italy for some months. She brought that purse back for my mom and I use it too now!

Vicki said...

Cute! I love your bag!(:

~Vicki
Decked Out in Ruffles

Kellie said...

Hey, lady! I popped over through the link-up! Wow, can I just say CUTE OUTFIT?? LOVE the dress, so cute and classy, with a fun color! Love it!

Anonymous said...

Love that dress! So darling!

McKenna said...

Thank you everybody!!! I like that this link-up is getting my blog some recognition, too :)