Friday, April 25, 2014

eShakti Dress Review

Pinner-friendly image!
I cannot even begin to express how incredibly excited I was to recieve an invitation to review a garment for eShakti. For those of you who aren't familiar with the company, eShakti is an online women's clothing source that specializes in you. When you purchase garments, you can choose to put in your body measurements and even change the sleeve or skirt length! They carry all concievable sizes of beautiful, vintage-inspired clothing and it's absolutely amazing!



I'll admit, choosing one out of a few hundred swoon-worthy dresses, skirts and blouses was no easy task. But I finally settled on this gorgous navy blue "Fifties-Style Poplin" and I do not regret it! Even if you aren't a seamstress, it's plain to see how well this garment is made. I haven't had the pleasure of wearing poplin before but I absolutely love it! It's a crisp, smooth fabric that rustles when you move. It has such a fine quality and I feel so elegant and classy in it. It is definitely a garment worthy of my new Pearl Necklace Award!


The Pearl Necklace Award is given only to upstanding garments of elegance and class. Only a garment worthy of a pearl necklace recieves this exceptional award and eShakti's "Fifties-Style Poplin Dress" has most definitely earned it! *applause*


Another thing I love about this dress is the waistband. Lovely rows of tucks create a ribbing effect that is so flattering. The bodice has three darts on each side to increase the comfort and fit. As you can see, I did need to wear an under-shirt for modesty but this is less common in eShakti dresses. Many, and I may venture to say, the majority of their garments are very modest. 

Go circle skirt!

And there's an invisible zipper in the side! Easy on, easy off.



It has POCKETS!!! I'm in love!









My sister had a BLAST taking these photos. It's so cute to see her take a picture with her "baby" (a Canon T3i), then flip the screen and giggle (or evil-laugh) over her success. I tell her she can say it out loud then she smirks, never taking her eyes from the screen, and grins, "Oh yeah, I'm awesome!" I am not one to contradict her. If she can make me look decent on camera, she can do anything! Please pop by her photography website  http://marleyrosenphotography.blogspot.com/







I would definitely encourage you to check out eShakti's amazing selection of gorgeous clothing and experience their great service. You won't regret it.


Have a beautiful day, lovely readers!

8 comments:

Michaela said...

Beautiful, Mckenna! I have to say though. . .I've receive TWO custom made dresses from eShakti, that's right, TWO, and both had horrible issues. As in, they didn't fit. Both were huge and baggy and ugly. :P I don't know how everyone else does it, but I can't get the company to work for me. You don't need to publish this comment if you think it might discourage your other readers. ;) I'm just happy the dress worked for you! It's lovely.

Paige said...

What a darling dress, McKenna! :D How neat that you had the honor of reviewing it.

ireland rhea said...

Hey McKenna! I've been hearing a lot about eShakti in the blogosphere for a while. Very vintage-y dress.

I nominated you for a Liebster award! Check it out here.
http://irelandrhea.blogspot.com/2014/04/liebster-award.html

Paige said...

Hi again McKenna! I've nominated you for the Liebster award as well. :)

McKenna said...

Thank you so much, gals! I really appreciate your kind comments. I'm so sorry about your unfortunate experience, Michaela, my dear :( Ireland and Paige, thank you so much for nominating me!!! What an honor! I humbly accept the award ;) I really appreciate it! Have a beautiful day, ladies.

ireland rhea said...

Hey again :) I also nominated you for The Beautiful Blogger Award: Hey! I nominated you for The Beautiful Blogger Award! Check here: http://irelandrhea.blogspot.com/2014/05/the-beautiful-blogger-award.html

McKenna said...

Ireland, I'm overwhelmed LOL! Thank you!!! I'll have that post up next week, I hope. Our family is in the midst of a cross-country move and I haven't much time to call my own :)

ireland rhea said...

LOL! No pressure! Take your time :)