Sunday, October 5, 2014

First-Timer Lip-Liner (Ipsy Glam Bag: September 2014)


Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaat?!?!

C'mon son!* Who'd have thunk that I would ever wear lipstick? Apparently, the stylists at Ipsy did! 

Ipsy is a makeup and beauty company started by Michelle Phan. For $10 a month, they send you a georgeous, customized "Glam Bag." It's a makeup bag with 5 samples and full-sized beauty products. Based on a beauty quiz you take, they match up products just for you and mostly, it's spot-on. Plus, it comes in a fabulous pink sparkly envelope!

If you're interested in signing up, follow this link and I will get points toward extra products :D
http://www.ipsy.com/r/d2he?sid=ipsypoints&cid=general

Now, I've never had anything against lipstick. It's just that I was born with "natural" color on my kisser. When I went on set to be an extra in a First-Century film, I was asked by the makeup artist if I had any on. When I replied negative, she double-checked ("Are you sure you're not wearing lipstick?"), then went in search of the nearest liquid concealer.


Plus! That shade of lipstick almost matches Counsellor Troi's from Star Trek: The Next Generation!!!

Cosplay on the way!

Here are my reviews pertaining to each product:

Hikari Lipstick
5/5
I applied the lipstick with a brush (I tried freehand at first, but I ended up looking like the Joker).  It went on smoothly and is a very nice Fall color to have on hand.

Be a Bombshell Smooth Criminal Powder
5/5
Okay, so I had to look up what on earth this mysterious powder was, but when I discovered what it was and how to use it, I was thrilled (it's a finishing powder)! As long as you don't use too much, it's absolutely a dream! Just a tiny bit really goes a long way. I'm never leaving home without it again!

Mitchell and Peach Luxury Hand Cream
5/5
This is really luxurious (per the title) and it's nice to put on, especially before bed :)

Nourish Organic Face Cleanser
2/5
I give it two points for being organic. That's about it; the product has this odd smell...kind of musty. Blech!

Pacifica 7 Free Nail Polish
4/5
It's a much more daring color than I would normally wear, but it's quite lovely! Perfect for evening toes and it matches a lot of what I wear!

I was most pleased with last month's Glam Bag. They usually arrive around the middle of the month, so I'll do another review in a couple of weeks. Hope you enjoyed and I think you'll love the Glam Bag if you decide to try it!

*Psych reference.

3 comments:

Eden said...

That's so cool! :) I'll have to look into it! Do you have to write a review every time you receive your Glam bag?

McKenna said...

No, you don't have to at all! I just wanted to :) It's so much fun. I'm going to try and post a makeup video soon. I'm learning so much!!!

Paige said...

Ooh, this looks like fun stuff! :) You ahd me fooled too, I would never have guessed you hadn't worn lipstick before; it looks nice though. :)