Wednesday, December 25, 2013

Merry Christmas!

Merry Christmas, everyone!
I pray that you are having a beautiful day in which to celebrate the birth of our awesome and mighty Savior. To remember the day that he was willing to come to us, small and fragile, the best gift ever given! In the rush of everything, it's so easy to lose perspective. We are surrounded by distractions on every side and tend to become overwhelmed.
I encourage you to take a moment. Stop. And consider the great and precious gift that the Creator of the Earth gave to His children that we ought to remember every day, instead of saving it for December's rush and tumble. When I was 10 or so, I unconsciously started to save the reading of the "Christmas Story" for December 25th and kind of ignore it for the rest of the year. Gratefully, the Lord renewed my thoughts and I realized that that wasn't a Biblical way to think.
 Don't treat the celebration of Jesus' birth like a single-day/month's observance. It's EVERY DAY that we should be on our knees, thanking God for his mercy on us. I write this as a reminder to myself. I should treat every day like Christmas and celebrate the Gift that came 2,000 years ago to rescue me.

No comments: