Wednesday, January 30, 2013

2013 Sewing Endeavors-to-be

I have upcoming projects to work on and plans for what I'm going to sew this year. I'm afraid we'll have to wait until I find my camera's battery charger to see pics of what I did last year. But for now, here are my upcoming plans! 

So, beginning last year, I, unintentionally, started a tradition. Birthday kids get to pick what costume they want McKenna (that's me) to make for them! First up are Moses (turning 9) and Mandee (turning 3). 



Moses has asked for a Frodo Baggins costume and he's getting it. I won't be including the coat (not pictured here) or a shirt (we can use a button-down for now). But, I shall construct a velveteen vest, brown pantlets and a cape. And for Matthew's 6th birthday, he'll be getting a Samwise Gamgee outfit. They're going to be so cute together!!!



Back in the Fall, Mirial (age 7) got a green Susan gown for her birthday (pics coming soon). Now, Mandee gets a Lucy dress to match. Oh! And she also gets a new wardrobe ;) These are just some ideas for possibilities!


I can't get over this!

I love the multicolor theme and the button flowers

I can use my girls' regency pattern for this one

I don't think a pattern is needed for this one :)

Simple and easy

I just had to put this up! I love the sleeves!!!

A little Summery, but with a cardigan...

Salvation Army top+cute fabric!


Made out of Daddy's button-down!

How cute is this wrap dress?!
Okay, so, I kinda went crazy there, but, you get the picture. 

I'm also doing costumes for some little friends of mine who are 9 and 11 years old. They're in a school production of "The Music Man" and I've been hired to construct their costumes. 1919. I'm really excited! 

Next up, my sister Marley is going on a missions trip to El Salvador with the Duggar family. So, she needs some supplies. A.K.A. skirts and a bag :) 
I like this khaki skirt just a tad longer.

I love making skirts from jeans and I already have made several 


I positively adore this messenger bag! Marley won't be crazy about the fabric but she'll  love the belt handle :)


Mason will be turning 2 in June and he isn't particularly crazy about anything but "Mater's Tall Tales" and "Martha Speaks". So I've decided that he needs a waistcoat :D

Something like this, including the tie. 

So, I'm booked for the first half of the year. I really can't think as far ahead as July for now...


No comments: