Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Recapping 2012

So, it's been awhile. And now it's the New Year. I shall join all the other bloggers and recap 2012.

I left on the first of the year for Ecuador on a Compassion International mission trip with my Dad.
You can find out more here:
Here are a couple of my favorite pictures!
The president of Compassion Wess Stafford and I.

This sweet girl would not tell me her name but clung to me like a leech :)
I did a lot of sewing, but haven't had time to take pictures. I shall have to do that very soon :)

In July, I began emailing back and forth with the head costume designer for Burns Family Studios (burnsfamilystudios.com), Marilyn. BFS is an independent Christian film company in Michigan. At the time, they were at the end of pre-production and costuming hadn't even started yet! In a couple of weeks, Daddy and I were on the road again, but this time to Michigan. I spent a short 3 days there then went home again. 


My "timekeeper" pose in the pocket hoops I just finished!




I assisted in making this petticoat out of a bedskirt!



Ripping apart wool coats to make more coats/ trousers, etc.



Though I couldn't make it back to help with more costuming, two months later, I was back to act! My Dad and I got to be a feature couple in a masked ball! What an experience! We shot our scene in the bitter cold of night outside in October! Thank goodness for layers!


Here is my gown. And yes, that is a ship on my head :)


Most of us wore masks. The movie is titled "Beyond the Mask"


Here is the practice in an insulated barn about 3 days before filming :)
 What an exciting couple of days! Dad preferred that a picture of him in a tricorn hat NOT be posted on the internet.
Those are the two big events that happened this year, through them I made so many wonderful new friends. I'm excited that I got to share with you and I look forward to what awaits in 2013!

~McKenna

No comments: