Monday, February 2, 2015

A Few of My Favorite Things {Vol. 2}

Good evening, my friends! Life has been insanely beautiful and crazy lately. Tell me how you've been. Seriously; comment below! I would love to hear from you, my faithful followers (you know who you are) and would also love to see some new faces!
It is high time for another favorite things post, so here you go!

Clark Terry
I have recently rediscovered my passion for jazz and the artist at the forefront of my binge-listening is legend Clark Terry. My first exposure to his music was on an episode of "Little Bill" (anyone watch that growing up? Lemme hear ya!). Mr. Terry still plays and teaches and is just awesome. Go to Spotify (Here's the link to my Clark Terry Playlist ). Give him a listen; you won't regret it.

Source
I just bought a gorgeous blue leather jacket at Goodwill and I absolutely adore it! It looks really similar to the one above, except it's a really India-inky blue (and, admittedly, not quite as cool) with a front zipper.

Pacifica's Natural Mineral Coconut Eye Shadow in Ethereal
This amazing shadow came in this month's Ipsy Glam Bag. It's a lovely taupe-y color in the package, but shows up on my fair skin as more of a shimmery pearl and I love it! I also use it as a cheek highlighter. 
Today, I paired it with Rimmel Eyeliner (upper lid and lower waterline) and Cailyn Cosmetics Eye Shadow  in the crease
 (The $15 Cailyn Eye Shadow came in last month's Ipsy bag that I pay $10/month to get). 
This specific eye shadow comes in a palette of other colors; I suppose mine is a sample. You can purchase it HERE

Natalie Yco
(Pronounced like Eco)
For the past three weeks or so, I've been doing Natalie Yco's GymRa workouts on YouTube. Gals, she's amazing! Her workouts are serious burners and she's so encouraging. In the middle of the Kickboxing/Jump Rope workout, she said,
"I can't see you, but I hope you're not slacking off.
Because, if you slack off in your workout, you're probably slacking off in life."
That burned almost as much as the workout itself!


Dashing Dish
by Katie Farrell
 Katie Farrell is one of the contributing bloggers at
 Overcomer Outreach 
 and since my Mom is also one of the other ladies writing for the site, she sent her a copy of her amazing cookbook. These recipes are fantastic! I made a double batch of her Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies (the third time since we got the book earlier this month) and they are soooooo delicious! I made her Santa Fe Stuffed Peppers for breakfast, too. I'm telling you, we use her recipes all the time and you will too! Hop on over to Amazon and purchase your copy HERE

And there you are. What are some of your favorite things? A writer you discovered lately? A new song? An eyeliner? Let me know in the comments below. Have a beautiful evening everyone! 

3 comments:

Paige said...

Ooh, it looks like you have some great favorite things listed. :) I've never heard of Clark Terry, but know I've heard him on Little Bill!
The eyeshadow looks pretty! How well does it stay on? Mom and I share a 3-color multi-purpose Pacifica makeup palette, but idk how it is as shadow.
Lately my favorite things have been eyeliner (a really fast way to look nice), colored pens, and notes that I write myself (or else I forget everything). ;)

Kelly-Anne said...

McKenna...your posts are always so beautiful! Lovely to pay your dear blog a visit once again! Hmmm...a favourite something of mine... Probably a book about Hudson Taylor...how encouraged and inspired I have been reading about this incredible man's faith in the Lord! Thank you for sharing a few of your favourite things - so lovely to catch a glimpse into somebody else's world...:). Hugs to you!

McKenna said...

Hi Gals! I'm glad you liked this post. I have fun sharing :)

Paige-Clark Terry was on the episode of Little Bill where Alice-the-Great had a gentleman friend taking her to the movies and spending time with her and LB got jealous a bit ;) Mr. Terry taught him how to make music with a blade of grass. It was a funny episode! Anyway, the Eye Shadow is lovely and stays on as well as any shadow does (as long as you have a flesh-colored base on under it.)

Kelly-Anne-I'm so glad you enjoyed my post! I noticed you spelled "favorite" with a "u". Where are you from? Or do you just read a lot of British literature, like me? LOL