Tuesday, November 18, 2014

A Few of My Favorite Things {Vol. I}

Sorry for the silence. Life tends to happen and usually, that takes precedence over blogging. I'm going to share with you a few of my favorite things. Things I've always loved and things that I've discovered lately. Fun things, blogs, crafts, etc. I hope you enjoy Volume I of "A Few of my Favorite Things".
 
 

My new blunt bangs!
This isn't an incredible picture, but I like it. You'll be seeing lots of my new do in future posts and in the launch of my new fashion blog
 
 
It's Not About Staying at Home
I absolutely love this recent message by the beautiful Botkin sisters. It's a convicting and uplifting talk that I would encourage every young lady to listen to (I listened while I was cleaning my room). It's free on their website HERE
 
Not a Care in the Whirl Heels
These GORGEOUS shoes are from Modcloth.
Find them HERE . I'm telling you, I am absolutely in love with them (and I'm dropping a not-so-subtle hint that I'm an 8.5).
 
 
Ulyana Sergeenko
This lovely Russian fashion designer is my new role model and style icon. The way she carries herself and dresses and smiles is the epitome of elegance and grace. (Disclosure: If you look her up, be warned; 90% of her designs are gorgeous, and modest but that other 10% is a bit disturbing, actually. "High Fashion", you know.)
 
 
 
Starlooks' Ultra Olive metallic eye pencil
An amazing eyeliner that came in my November Ipsy Glam Bag. It seems foofy, but it's actually a sensible addition to your makeup collection. Paired with neutral eye shadow, it gently opens and brightens the eye and adds a touch of elegance and panache, especially if you're in a hurry. The pencil is to be purchased HERE. I highly recommend it!
 
 
Lawana Blackwell
I cannot stop reading her books! Mrs. Blackwell is a Christian author whose books I stumbled upon in our church library. Her novels have me captive and I've enjoyed all of them (I've read eight this month!). Her Gresham series is especially heart-warming and absolutely worth the read.
 
 
Star Trek: The Original Series
and
Star Trek: The Next Generation
Specifically, I'm kind of crazy about Lieutenant Commander Data. Brent Spiner is a seriously brilliant actor, not only portraying an android, but often completely different characters when Data's circuits are taken over or he's emulating Sherlock Holmes.
At this point, (Season 3) I'm getting pretty annoyed with Commander Riker's behavior, but I still watch the show, mainly because PATRICK STEWART!
 
 
Sweater Weather!!!
This is seriously the best part of Fall/Winter. Here in Kansas, it's frigid, so I'm busting out my sweater collection...except for the awesome/unfortunate fact that I've lost some weight and now all my yummy sweaters are being passed up to my mom (at least it benefits her). So, I'm going sweater hunting at Goodwill today.
 
That's all I've got. What have been some of your favorite things lately? What do you think of my favorites? Agree? Disagree? On the fence? Drop a comment below (because comments are also one of my favorite things!)
 

6 comments:

Eden said...

The bangs look lovely! Can't wait to stay updated with your new blog! :)

Oh, and the shoes are very cute! ;)

Paige said...

Your bangs are cute, those shoes are darling, sweaters are amazing, and that eye pencil looks fun! :D

McKenna said...

You two are the best! Thanks for your kind comments :) When I went to Goodwill yesterday, I found ONE THING. It wasn't even a sweater! It was unfortunate.

Kelly-Anne said...

You have such a lovely blog, McKenna and a beautiful name! I hope to stay awhile:) Blessings, Kelly-Anne

McKenna said...

Hi Kelly-Anne! Thanks for the encouragement :) I clicked on your profile and wondered why your picture looked so familiar, then I realized I had gotten an email from Pinterest saying you're my newest follower! Thanks so much for your support :D

Kelly-Anne said...

Hello McKenna! I am so glad I discovered your sweet spot on the web:). And your Pinterest page is so gorgeous! Hope you have a blessed trip:). Love, Kelly