Thursday, July 25, 2013

We've Got Chickens!!!

L-R: Babs, Mac, Edwina and Ginger :)

I honestly never thought the glorious day would come...the day we finally got chickens!!! You may now refer to me as "Mrs. Tweedy"
Meet Ginger, Babs, Mac and Edwina. Sound familiar? It does, if you've ever had the pleasure of seeing the Aardman film "Chicken Run"!

Babs is actually posing! She has quickly established herself the leader of the flock.


 And they live in just the cutest little coop you've ever seen. See?!
 
 
It looks like a little gypsy wagon from afar :D
 

  
Here's a few closeup photos.


Here are their perches and the place the have decided to consolidate their...droppings...


Here's where we gather the eggses ;)
  I just thought y'all might like a little peek into our homesteading world. Pictures of the garden and a video about raw milk are coming soon. I haven't gone crazy, yet...have I...

No comments: