Saturday, January 16, 2010

Sense and Sensibility...Patterns

I've recently completed a gown for my piano recital coming next week. It's a Regency gown with three-quarter length sleeves and a split skirt with white lining. I'm going to get my pictures taken in it now and will hopefully post it within the hour.

I got the pattern from Sense and Sensibility Patterns. You can browse the website and buy the awesome historical patterns from www.sensibility.com. They have patterns from the Regency, Romantic, Edwardian, and Swing eras...but I'm sure I'm forgetting one...oh, Titanic/Teens.

My next endeavor will be to make short stays...something I haven't yet attempted. I'm watching Pride and Prejudice to get inspiration :). Did I mention that I'm playing songs from Pride and Prejudice for the recital; that's why I'm dressing up for the part. I'm sure I'll feel awkward when all of the other kids are dressed normally. Haha!

No comments: